So since tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, Just thought I’d have a little fun. I’ve noticed that there are at least four categories of people on Valentine’s Day. There may be more, but these are the ones I’ve noticed. I’ve added some fun facts, but the pictures basically summarizes the categories…
1. The Men Folks
- 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine’s Day are men, while only 27 percent are women.
- Men buy the majority of the millions of boxes of candy and bouquets of flowers given on Valentine’s Day.
- On average, men spend $130 each on candy, cards, jewelry, flowers and dates.Women spend only about half that amount.
- More than 36 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are sold each year for Valentine’s Day.
- Enough candy hearts to stretch from Rome, Italy to Valentine, Arizona 20 times and back again will be produced this year.
- “According to the Greeting Card Association, 190 million Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged annually, making Valentine’s Day the second most popular greeting card–giving occasion, after Christmas.”
2. The Single Folks. Are you single? Awesome! There are so many pros…
- There are 119 single men (never married, widowed or divorced) in their 20’s for every 100 single women of the same age…Imagine that. (Of course the numbers change as the age increases and when you break it down by ethnicity.)
- Over two million marriages occur in the United States every year…that’s more than 6,000 a day!
3. The “Oh no he didn’t!” Folks These folks EXPECTS to be wined and dined and no excuses are acceptable… “Honey, you are right. Your hug, kiss and excuse was more romantic than roses, chocolate and a necklace, said no woman, Ever.”
4. The “Who Cares!” Folks Personally, I think I fall into this category. I could care less. I love being married to my hubs. We celebrate so many things in February and year round that whether or not he acknowledges Valentines Day doesn’t matter to me. ( Although I can’t remember the last time he didn’t do something special for Valentine’s Day)
- What category do you fall into?
- Do you have something special planned?
- How do you respond if he or she doesn’t remember it’s Valentines?